One Young World COVID-19 Young Leaders Fund 2020 (Get $10,000)
One Young World, the global forum for young leaders, is offering a fund for young leaders on the frontlines of the COVID-19 response in 2020.
Around the world, One Young World Ambassadors are combatting the Coronavirus with the most innovative methods in the most challenging circumstances.
By directing money to leaders on the front lines, we can ensure that resources are being accessed by those who need them most. This global crisis demands a global response. One Young World will meet that challenge.
Worth of Award
- One Young World recommends requesting between USD 2,500 – USD 10,000. This size of the grant is designed to ensure that the fund can support various projects, helping people all over the world, maximising the reach and impact of the support.
- Focussed on the SDG with a clear connection to combatting Covid-19, for example:
- SDG 3: producing medical supplies to tackle the infection or symptoms of the virus
- SDG 4: providing resources to disadvantaged children to support the continuation of education during school closures
- SDG 5: protecting victims of domestic violence during the lockdown
- SDG 6: providing sanitation resources to help prevent the spread of the virus
- SDG 8: creating work for unemployed persons in vital sectors
- All countries around the world
- Producing direct, quantifiable impact
- Apolitical in nature
- Must not be operated for profit
- Impacting >500 people directly
- Focussed on assisting the most vulnerable in society
- Operational (or ready to start within 3 weeks of application submission)
- Founded and/or managed by young leaders (aged approximately 18-35)
- Applications must be submitted in the English language to be reviewed
- Operating in accordance with WHO’s scientific guidance
One Young World will prioritise initiatives which can use the funds to generate a positive impact with immediate effect. Depending on the scale of the funding, initiatives should aim that:
- Outcomes will be achieved within ten days of receiving funds
- Outcomes will be achieved within one month of receiving funds
One Young World will prioritise initiatives which can use the funds to impact the maximum number of people to the greatest extent. Depending on the scale of the funding, initiatives should aim that:
- Funds will be used to help 1,000+ people
- Funds will be used to help between 500 and 1,000 people
One Young World will prioritise initiatives which can use the funds to support the most vulnerable in society. Depending on their scope, initiatives should aim that:
- Funds will be used to help a group that suffer systemic discrimination
- Funds will be used to help a group with >50% living in poverty
How to Apply
1. Submit your Application
The proposal must be submitted within the deadline specified in the advertisement of the call for application and filled in via the official application form. This includes a request for the following information:
- “Business” Plan – set out the organisation and initiatives background, objectives, structure and methods
- Budget Plan – set out a clear plan of how you would use the funds
- Documentation to verify the legal status of your initiative
- Contact details for 2 references
- Images/Video to document the initiative’s impact to date
If you have difficulty uploading this information, please contact email@example.com.
During the process, you will be asked to request a funding amount, for which you should provide an accurate breakdown of the proposed expenditure.
Please note that your proposal is considered submitted only once you receive a message of confirmation of receipt, typically sent within one working day of completing the form.
Deadline: Applications are ongoing.
WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR?
Meet the Author
Yo! My name is Oyebola Rokeeb (Ariwo Kakaki) and I am OBSESSED with teaching online entrepreneurs how to make their passions profitable (and popular)! If you want to learn Digital Skills also… You’re in the right space!Learn more