Whether you’re just starting out in the world of 3D design and animation or you’re an experienced professional, Blender is a must-have software. It creates a pipeline that helps with the creation process. It can handle every aspect of the job, beginning with creating the 3D model, rendering, adding texture and colors, and finally animating the project.
In addition to creating and animating 3D models, Blender is often used while building applications, animating films and video games, and adding visual effects.
Follow the instructions below, and I’ll show you how to download Blender completely free.
How to Download Blender for PC for Free
- Click the Download button on the sidebar, and the Blender download page will open in a new tab.
- Click on the Download Blender button, and the MSI file will automatically download to your computer.
- When the file download is complete, open it, and the setup wizard will appear. Click on the Next button to begin.
- Accept the License and Terms of Agreement and click Next.
- Click the Install button, and the setup wizard will install the software.
- When the installation is complete, click the Finish button Blender will automatically launch.
How to Uninstall Blender
If Blender isn’t the right 3D imaging software for you, you can easily remove it from your computer in a few steps. If you’re still looking for a 3D creation and editing tool, check out these free alternatives below.
Follow these three steps to uninstall Blender from your PC:
- Type “Add or Remove Programs” in the Windows search bar and click Enter.
- Locate Blender in the list of installed programs and click Uninstall.
- The Window uninstaller will completely remove Blender and all its components from your computer.
A community-driven, open-source project, Blender is 100% free. It can handle everything related to creating 3D imaging, from modeling, rigging, animation, simulation, rendering, compositing and motion tracking, even video editing and game creation.
The software has an easy-to-use interface that is great for new users just getting started in 3D imaging. Advanced users can enhance their work with Blender’s API for Python. This allows them to add coding to their work and create specialized tools.
The Blender interface is highly customizable. You can adjust the layout so you have quick access to buttons and tools that you’ll be using most frequently. You can also change the fonts, colors, and size of the interface. If you create a Blender account, these changes will sync with any device where you use Blender. When you open the software, you’ll see the work area takes up the majority of the screen. The most common tools can be found on the left-hand side of the screen, and you can open the drop-down menu to view the complete toolset.
- 3D Design and Modeling: With a comprehensive collection of modeling tools, you can create, transform, and sculpt your models, giving them a professional look. These tools include N-Gon support, Grid and Bridge Fill, Edge slide, and more.
- UV Unwrapping: Blender makes it easy to unwrap mesh design and complete your design by adding texture or color directly to the 3D model.
- Excellent design tools: There are 20 different brush types you can use to give your model a perfect look. It also allows for mirrored sculpting and dynamic topology that help bring your models to life,
- Animation: Go from the design stage to the animation stage in a hurry with a complete animation toolset that includes a character pose editor, non-linear animation, forward and backward motions, and syncing the sound.
Is Blender free?
Blender is 100% free. It’s an open-source software licensed under the GNU General Public License (GPL). It is important to follow the instructions above and download Blender from the official site. Otherwise, you might end up with a corrupted file that is infected with malware or viruses.
Is Blender safe?
I tested Blender on VirusTotal, and it was clean from all viruses, malware, ransomware, etc. As an open-source program, users can update the base code. While this might sound dangerous, it’s actually really safe and results in updated features and bug fixes quicker than conventional corporate software. The users who update the code can also fix any security flaws, making it harder for hackers to exploit users who are using Blender.
Does Blender include animation tools?
Yes! Blender has a complete video editing toolset that will help you animate your 3D characters. You can add layers and colors to make your design more realistic, and the rendering will lead to smooth animations, whether your 3D model is just going to spin in a circle or do more complicated actions, such as walking and jumping.
What features does Blender come with?
Even though it is 100% free, Blender has a wide range of professional tools needed to create, design, and animate 3D models. Take your design through the pipeline, from modeling and rendering to simulation, motion tracking, video editing, and everything in between.
Not only does Blender have a wide range of built-in features, but you can improve the functionality with third-party extensions.